Nihari Cooking Recipe: A Delicious Pakistani Dish
Nihari is a traditional Pakistani dish that is enjoyed by millions of people around the world. The flavorful, slow-cooked beef stew is the perfect comfort food for chilly evenings and is sure to be a crowd-pleaser at any gathering. In this article, we’ll go over everything you need to know to make the perfect Nihari, including ingredients, cooking method, and a step-by-step guide.
Ingredients for Nihari Cooking Recipe:
- 2 lbs boneless beef or mutton
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2-inch piece of ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons of ghee or oil
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds
- 2 black cardamom pods
- 2 green cardamom pods
- 2 cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon of red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 2 teaspoons of garam masala
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup of flour
- Water as needed
- Fresh cilantro and ginger juliennes, for garnish
Step-by-Step Nihari Cooking Recipe:
- Preparing the meat: Trim the meat and cut it into large cubes. Wash the meat thoroughly and set it aside.
- Cooking the meat: In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, heat the ghee or oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, minced garlic, and grated ginger and cook until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Adding spices: Add the cumin seeds, coriander seeds, black cardamom pods, green cardamom pods, cloves, and bay leaves and cook for a minute or two. Stir in the red chili powder, turmeric, and garam masala and cook for another minute.
- Browning the meat: Add the meat to the saucepan and cook until browned on all sides, about 5-7 minutes.
- Making the Nihari: Add enough water to cover the meat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and let simmer for 1-2 hours, or until the meat is tender.
- Thicking the stew: In a small bowl, mix the flour with a little water to make a smooth paste. Stir the paste into the stew and continue to simmer until the stew thickens, about 10 minutes.
- Serving the Nihari: Serve the Nihari hot with fresh cilantro and ginger juliennes for garnish. Serve with hot naan or rice.
Nihari is a flavorful and hearty dish that is sure to warm you up on chilly evenings. With its tender meat, rich spices, and thick, savory stew, it’s no wonder why this dish is so popular in Pakistan and around the world. Whether you’re an experienced cook or a beginner, this Nihari Cooking Recipe is easy to follow and is sure to become a family favorite. So, try it out today and enjoy the delicious taste of this traditional Pakistani dish!
Some people are thinking that is nihari good for weight loss?
Lets discuss about this Question is nihari good for weight loss?
Nihari, like many traditional meat-based dishes, can be high in calories and fat, which can make it a less ideal option for those trying to lose weight. The dish is typically made with large cuts of beef or mutton, which are slow-cooked in a mixture of spices and ghee or oil. This method of cooking can add significant amounts of fat and calories to the dish, making it a less healthy option for weight loss.
However, it is possible to modify the recipe to make it a healthier option for weight loss. For example, you could use lean cuts of meat and reduce the amount of ghee or oil used in the recipe. Additionally, you could add more vegetables to the dish to increase the fiber and nutrient content, which can help you feel full and satisfied.
It is also important to keep portion sizes in mind when consuming Nihari. Eating smaller portions and balancing it with plenty of vegetables and other healthy foods can help you maintain a balanced diet and reach your weight loss goals.
In general, Nihari is not a recommended dish for those trying to lose weight, as it can be high in calories and fat. However, with some modifications and mindful portion control, it can still be included as part of a balanced diet
Nihari is a traditional Pakistani dish that is beloved for its delicious and comforting flavors. Made with tender meat, spices, and a thick, savory stew, it’s the perfect comfort food for chilly evenings.
The ingredients are simple and easy to find, and the step-by-step guide makes it easy for even novice cooks to make this delicious dish. So, whether you’re looking for a hearty meal to warm you up on a cold night or a dish to impress your guests, Nihari is the perfect choice. Give this Nihari Cooking Recipe a try and enjoy the rich, flavorful taste of this traditional Pakistani dish!