Delicious and Easy Homemade Asian Recipes: Watermelon Quinoa Salad, Air Fryer Corn on the Cob, Baked Sweet Potato, and Oven-Baked Ribs.
Easy Homemade Marinara
- 1/4 cup of high-quality extra-virgin olive oil
- Finely chop 1/2 of a medium-sized onion
- Thinly slice 4 cloves of garlic
- Use a 28-ounce can of whole tomatoes for the recipe
- Add 1 teaspoon of dried oregano to the dish
- A pinch of red pepper flakes will add a hint of heat
- Use 2 large sprigs of fresh basil to add an aromatic herbaceous note to the dish
- Step 1
Heat extra-virgin olive oil in a large and deep skillet over medium heat.
Add minced onion and cook until soft for about 5 minutes.
Add thinly sliced garlic and cook until fragrant for another minute.
- Step 2
Pour whole tomatoes into the skillet.
Break the tomatoes into small pieces using a wooden spoon.
Fill the tomato can halfway with water, swirl it, and add it to the skillet.
Stir in fresh basil and bring the mixture to a gentle simmer.
- Step 3
Reduce heat to low and let the mixture simmer for around 20 minutes.
The liquid should slightly reduce during this time.
Discard the large sprigs of fresh basil before serving
Homemade Watermelon Quinoa Salad
- Cook 2 cups of quinoa and let it cool before preparing the dish
- Cut 3 cups of watermelon into 1/2-inch cubes
- Cut 1 cup of cucumber into 1/2-inch cubes
- Crumble 1/2 cup of feta cheese
- Tear 1/2 cup of fresh mint leaves
- Drizzle 1/4 cup of balsamic glaze over the salad
- Add kosher salt to taste
Toss all ingredients together, reserving some feta, mint, and balsamic for garnish. Serve
Homemade Air Fryer Corn On The Cob.
- Shuck 4 ears of corn and halve them if needed
- Finely crumble 1 cup of feta cheese
- Finely chop 3 tablespoons of red onion
- Add 2 teaspoons of finely chopped fresh basil and 1 1/4 teaspoons of dried oregano
- Mix in 1/2 cup of full-fat plain Greek yogurt
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of sweet or smoked paprika
- Serve with lemon wedges and more fresh basil
- Place the shucked corn in the air-fryer basket in a single layer, and cook at 400° for 10 to 12 minutes.
Turn the corn halfway through cooking, and work in batches if necessary.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the crumbled feta, chopped red onion, basil, and oregano until well combined.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of plain Greek yogurt onto each cob of cooked corn.
- Top the yogurt with the feta mixture and sprinkle paprika over the top.
- Garnish with more basil and serve warm or at room temperature.
- Accompany with lemon wedges to squeeze over the corn.
Homemade Baked Sweet Potato
- Clean 4 sweet potatoes by scrubbing them thoroughly
- You may choose to coat the sweet potatoes with olive oil (optional)
- Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 425º and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Use a fork to prick the sweet potatoes all over, and if you want to eat the skins, rub them with a small amount of olive oil.
- Bake the sweet potatoes for 45 to 50 minutes until they are tender.
- After letting them cool, use a knife to split the tops of the sweet potatoes open.
Place a pat of butter on each one.
- Add seasoning by sprinkling kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper on top of each sweet potato.
Homemade Oven-Baked Ribs
- 2 pounds baby back ribs
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, salt, garlic powder, pepper, paprika, mustard powder, and cayenne. Rub the mixture all over the ribs and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Cover with foil and bake for 2 hours until very tender.
Combine all barbecue sauce ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until thickened for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Turn oven to broil. Broil until sauce just starts to caramelize for 2 to 4 minutes.
If you have any queries you can contact us via doramas pro contact us page